The large chamber rotary pumped DSCR-300, Desk Sputter and Carbon Coater, with a 3 or 4-inch water-cooled magnetron cathode is a compact coating system for both sputter and carbon coating. This system is suitable for non-oxidizing targets deposition on large specimens. The water-cooled magnetron cathode allow prolonged sputtering time, making it suitable for deposition of thick and thin layers.
With Desk Coater model DSCR-300, one can deposit on different substrates for thin film applications such as Micro & Nano electronic devices and SEM sample preparation. It can also sputter noble non-oxidizing metals such as gold (Au), palladium (Pd), platinum (Pt), and gold/palladium (Au/Pd) on non-conductive or poorly conductive samples. Besides, the nano-structured specimen coated with a thin carbon film can be characterized through various techniques like FE-SEM, TEM, and EDX.
The 3-inch magnetron can be used to uniformly coat a sample of diameter up to 12 cm, and a sample with a diameter of about 15 cm can be coated with the 4-inch magnetron. Also, more than 50 SEM small stubs (1 cm dia.) can be loaded onto the 4-inch sample stage.
The DSCR-300 rotary pumped coater is configured for DC sputtering and carbon fiber (thread) or carbon rod coating with interchangeable heads in one instrument.
The full-automatic sputter and carbon coating processes allows easy, precise, and repeatable performance.
- Two-stage, direct drive rotary vane pump 6 m3/h
- 80 W DC switching power supply for sputtering
- 0-25A pulsed DC power supply for carbon fiber evaporation
- 0-100A DC power supply for carbon rod evaporation (optional)
- Quartz crystal thickness monitor with precision of 1nm and resolution of 1 Å
- One 2,3 or 4-inch magnetron cathode
- Electronic venting valve
- Sample rotation, height and tilt adjustable
- Planetary sample holder (optional)
- Electronic shutter
- Easy-to-change specimen stages (rotation stage as standard)
- Two-year warranty
- CE conformity
- Intuitive touch screen to control the coating process and rapid data input
- User friendly software, updatable via network
- Precise control over coating rate to achieve finer grain structures
- Manual or automatic Timed and Thickness sputtering deposition
- Semi-Full automatic sputtering
- Semi-Full automatic carbon fiber/rod deposition process
- Pulsed or flash carbon fiber coating modes
- Pulsed or ramped carbon rod coating modes
- Repeatable, programmable sputtering and carbon coating process in the automatic mode
- Records and plots coating parameters graphs
- Storing coating recipes for repeatable depositions
Carbon Coating Head
The device is equipped with an interchangeable head for carbon (fiber or rod) coating purpose. The carbon heads features are as follows:
Pulsed Carbon Fiber Evaporation
The DSCR-300 coater is able to perform pulsed carbon fiber evaporation. Short pulses provide more controlled deposition and significantly reduces the amount of debris associated with traditional carbon deposition. Three carbon fibers with a maximum diameter of 0.8 mm can be loaded onto the source holder.
Carbon Rod Evaporation (optional)
The DSCR-300 could be equipped with carbon rod evaporator head (optional), which provides more controllable and durable carbon deposition processes. For this case, an external 0-100A high current power supply should be used instead of the internal high current power supply designed for carbon fiber evaporation.
Touch Screen Control
DSCR-300, the Desk SEM Coater, is equipped with a 7” colored touch-screen panel and full automatic control using a user-friendly software to control and adjust the deposition process data. The vacuum and coating sequence information can be observed as digital data or curves on the touch screen. The last 300 coatings information is saved on the history page.
Sample Holder Stages
The DSCR-300 can be equipped with different sample stage configurations up to 15 cm, depending on the user requirements. The sample stages are rotatable with adjustable height and can be changed easily.
- Fine grain structural deposition of noble metals for SEM & FE-SEM, EDX, and TEM sample preparation
- Conductive layers
- GLAD sputterin
- TEM grid plasma treatment for improved hydrophilicity
- Suitable for deposition of noble metals, carbon fiber, and rod (optional)
- 300 mm OD x 210 mm Height Pyrex cylinder chamber
- Dimensions: 58 cm H x 50 cm W x 63 cm D
- Ultimate vacuum: Less than 50 mTorr
- Rapid data input through fully automatic touch screen panel
- Real-time plot of coating parameters
- Deposition process data transfer to PC by USB port
- Utilities: 220V/110V, 50/60HZ- 1.7 kW
- Shipping weight (Excluded vacuum pump): 42Kg
Options and Accessories
The Desk Sputter/Carbon Coater 300 has the flowing options and accessories:
- Head and external power supply for carbon rod evaporation
- Quartz crystal sensor
- Planetary sample rotation stage
- Spare cylindrical vacuum glass chamber
- Sputtering targets
- Sealing gaskets
- Plasma Cleaner
- Carbon fiber source