Desk Carbon Coater
Desk Carbon Coater is a compact carbon fiber coating system suitable for sample preparation for the use in a scanning electron microscope (SEM), Transmission electron microscope (TEM) and X-Ray analysis (EDX).
This device is available in two formats:
DCR is a rotary-pumped carbon coater that is suitable for SEM sample preparation, EDS/WDS and thin film applications.
DCT is a turbo-pumped carbon coater that is ideal for FE-SEM, EDS/WDS, TEM, EBSD, and thin film applications. This high vacuum coater offers high-quality uniform carbon films with fine grain sizes which are suitable for specimens that require high resolution and high-quality characterization.
- Quartz crystal monitoring system used for real-time thickness measurement (1nm precision).
- Pulsed or flash carbon fiber coating modes.
- Intuitive touchscreen to control and monitor the coating process with a capability of rapid data input.
- User-friendly software that can be updated via the network.
- Able to record and plot coating parameters graphs.
- Easy-to-change specimen stages (rotation stage as standard).
- Two-year warranty.
- CE conformity.
Options and Accessories
Desk carbon coater has flowing options and accessories:
- Quartz crystal
- Sample rotation
- Spare glass
- Fiber carbon
Pulsed Carbon Fiber Evaporation
The Desk vacuum carbon coater is able to perform pulsed carbon fiber evaporation. Short pulses provide more controlled deposition and significantly reduces the amount of debris associated with traditional carbon deposition.
Touch screen control with colorful display
Desk carbon coater is equipped with a 7” colored touch screen with full automatic control and data input that can be operated by even an inexperienced user. The vacuum, current and deposition information can be monitored as digital data or curves on the touchscreen. The last 300 coatings information can be detected in the history page.
The device can be equipped with different sample stage configurations depending on the user requirements. The sample stages are rotatable with adjustable height and easy to change. The rotary planetary sample stage is a good choice for uniform coating of porous specimens.
- High vacuum turbo pump 70 l/s. (For DCT format)
- Diaphragm backing pumps. (For DCT format)
- Two-stage, direct drive 13m3/h, rotary vane pump. (For DCR format)
- Full range vacuum gauge. (For DCT format)
- 170 mm OD x 130 mm Pyrex cylinder chamber.
- 0-100 A switching Pulsed DC power supply.
- Ultimate Vacuum: Less than 2 x 10-5 torr. (For DCT format)
- Ultimate Vacuum: Less than 50 milli torr. (For DCR format)
- Dimensions: 450 x 500 x 370 mm (H x W x D)
- Utilities: 220V-50Hz – 10A.
- Intuitive touchscreen with the colored display unit.
- Sample holder with planetary rotation.
- Electronic shutter.
- Automatically controlled coating – independent of pressure.
- Precision metering valve for fine control of vacuum pressure.
- Real-time plots of coating parameters.
- The simple transfer of coating data plots via USB port to PC.
- Shipping Weight: 46 Kg