Desk Sputter Coater DSR1
The Desk SEM Coater model DSR1 is a compact coating system able to coat carbon film and noble metals such as gold (Au), palladium (Pd), platinum (Pt) and gold/palladium (Au/Pd) on non-conductive or poorly conductive specimens. The Desk Sputter Coater (DSR1) is a sputtering machine which can coat uniform thin films with fine-grain sizes in fast cycle time by DC magnetron sputtering process. The device is modular of scanning electron microscope sample preparation system, configured for DC sputtering and carbon fiber coating (thread) with interchangeable heads in one instrument. In order to the observation of the non-conductive or poorly conductive specimens by scanning electron microscope, their surface conductivity should be increased during the sample preparation step before SEM microscopy.
Sputtering deposition and carbon evaporation are standard mechanisms to sample preparation for electron microscopy. Because of the high conductivity, gold sputtering is one of the most popular ways to electron microscopy sample preparation. The fast, consistent and highly repeatable results obtained from sputtering deposition or carbon coating process by fully automated Desk Sputter Coater (DSR1), implying that this sputtering system is a powerful device to sample preparation for scanning electron microscope. The user-friendly software, good design, and small footprint of the DSR1, SEM coater system, allows easy use of the system. If you want to deposit noble metals or carbon thin film, the Desk Sputter coater (DSR1), is an efficient and economical choice. The sputtering system can deposit Nanometers to micrometer layers through magnetron sputtering which enhanced the operation of the sputtering system.
- Easy to operate
- Intuitive touch screen to control the coating process and rapid data input
- User-friendly software to both full-automatic and semi-automatic control
- Easy loading and unloading of specimens
- Repeatable film thickness depositions
- Precisely reproducible coatings
- High-resolution fine coating (order of 2nm Gold grain)
- Low voltage sputtering
- No cooling system is required
- Carbon coating in both flash and pulse mode
- Dual carbon fiber to thicker layer deposition
- Equipped with Plasma cleaner to remove contamination from the sample
- Two-year warranty
- CE conformity
The Desk Sputter Coater model DSR1 is a Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) sample preparation system equipped with a rotary pump to achieve vacuum less than 50 mili-torr which is a suitable vacuum range for noble metals sputter coating and carbon fiber evaporation coating.
For sputtering deposition of oxidizing metals, field emission SEM (FE-SEM), SEM EDX, and for TEM application, please see the DST1 (Turbo-pumped desk sputtering machine) and DCT (Turbo-pumped carbon coater).
Plasma Cleaner for sample decontamination
Desk magnetron sputter coater (DSR1) is equipped to plasma cleaner mode to improve quality of the deposited thin film by DC magnetron sputtering or carbon coating process. Ion collisions with sample surface cause removing the contaminations from the sample through the ion sputtering process.
Touch screen control with colorful display
DSR1, the desk sputter coater, is equipped with a 7” colored touch screen and fully automatic control and data input that can be operated by even inexperienced users. The vacuum, current and deposition information can be observed as digital data or curves on the touchscreen. Information of the last 300 coating can also be saved in the history page.
The DSR1 can be equipped with different sample stage configurations depending on the user requirements. The sample stages are rotatable with adjustable height and can be changed easily. The rotary planetary sample stage is a good choice for uniform coating of porous specimens.
- Two-stage, direct drive 4m3/h, rotary vane pump, and an oil mist filter
- 170 mm OD x 140 mm Pyrex cylinder chamber.
- Dimensions: 45 Cm H x 50 Cm W x 37 Cm D.
- 2 inches magnetron cathode.
- Ultimate Vacuum: Less than 50 millitorrs.
- Planetary sample rotation.
- Electronic leak valve.
- Thermocouple vacuum gauge.
- Quartz crystal thickness monitor with the precision of 1nm.
- Electrical control shutter.
- Automatic venting valve.
- Saving the last 300 coatings that carried out.
- Utilities: 220 V-50 Hz – 10 A.
- 80 Watt DC switching power supply.
- Transfer the curves and sputtering process data by USB port to PC.
- Shipping Weight: 42 Kg.
Options and Accessories
The Desk Sputter Coater has the flowing options and accessories:
- Carbon fiber evaporation head
- Carbon rod evaporation head
- High current power supply for carbon coat
- Quartz crystal sensors
- Plasma cleaner
- Spare glass
- Sputtering targets
- Carbon fiber